Site Contamination Remediation
We offer our clients integrated solutions to mitigate contamination of soil, sediment and water. Our consultants are familiar with new and emerging remedial technologies as well as existing proven “in-situ” and “ex-situ” remedial technologies.
We design, test and implement a remedial system tailored to the site and the client’s needs. Our services also include remedial system construction, operation and maintenance.
Our integration of design and construction of remedial systems requires a high level of technical, management, and logistical skills. This ensure that work progresses smoothly and problems are identified and resolved promptly.
Once the system is operational, we monitor performance to optimise effectiveness and reach compliance standards as quickly as possible.
Environmental Remediation is the process to remove pollution or contaminants from environmental media such as water, soil and sediment.
Site Remediation Technologies
We have worked on chemical, industrial, power, and commercial disposal facilities. Remediation technologies utilised include:
- Soil Excavation and Off-Site Disposal: involves the removal and transport of impacted soil to off-site disposal facilities
- Thermal Desorption: uses heat to destroy contaminants
- Pumping and Free Phase Treatment / Containment and Recovery Systems: installs a groundwater recovery well and pipe networks to pump contaminated groundwater into a treatment unit
- Vacuum Enhanced Recovery (VER) / Multi-phase Systems: involves applying a vacuum to recover non-aqueous phase liquids with minimum water extraction
- Natural Attenuation: allows natural subsurface processes to reduce the contaminant concentrations to safe levels
- Bioremediation: uses natural amendments to stimulate natural microbial activity
- Reactive Barrier Walls: installs a permeable reactive wall in the flow path and the contaminated groundwater is treated as it passes through
- Air Sparging: injects air into the saturated zone to promote volatilisation of contaminants
- Hydrogen Peroxide / Potassium Permanganate Injection: injects oxidising chemicals to create reactions and convert the contaminants to non-hazardous, less toxic, or less mobile forms