Senior / EIA Consultant
AGV Environment Sdn Bhd. (part of the AGV Group), an environmental, health, safety and risk consulting firm with a proven track record, is rapidly expanding in tandem with the positive economic outlook for 2022. We are looking for suitably qualified talent to grow the business with us. With offices in Petaling Jaya, Penang, Johore Bahru and Singapore, we currently have vacancies for ambitious and dynamic senior-level Environmental Consultants who have more than 5 years of experience.
In your role as a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will be required to competently execute the following tasks for projects in Malaysia, Singapore and the South East Asian region:
- Prepare environmental technical reports including EIAs, EMPs, ESIAs and related reports.
- Manage the EIA/ESIA project teams and prepare EIA reports for submission to the Department of Environment, Malaysia as well as ESIA reports prepared to meet the IFC/World Bank and Equator Principles for our multinational clients.
- Manage Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments in accordance to ASTM requirements
- Supervise the required field work with the project team including. environmental site investigations and baseline environmental monitoring.
- Apply local, state, and federal regulations; as well to international standards in preparing technical reports.
- Communicate effectively with project team members to execute projects in an expeditious manner.
- Liaise with clients, project proponents and government agencies in the course of your projects.
- Present report findings at technical meetings to obtain the necessary approvals either from government regulatory agencies or private sector clients.
- Adhere to precise procedures and demonstrate thoroughness in performing job tasks and assignments.
- Exhibit professional judgement, sound ethics and integrity whilst working with AGV’s management team & staff and, clients.
- Travel within Malaysia and Singapore as well as the SEA region.
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia with outstanding written skills in both languages.
- Strong technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in environmental issues
A Bachelor’s degree in any science-related field and registration with the Department of Environment, Malaysia is mandatory for this role. If you have a postgraduate degree in the relevant field, it will be advantageous in securing this position.
Your compensation package will commensurate with your experience, expertise and professional registrations.